268 Jockey Road
(Closed Bank Holidays)
Download the Sutton Runner App Here
The Sutton Runner store opened November 1990 as our second store. Previously in 1983 we had founded the Birmingham Runner Shop before it's sale in 1998. The store was officially opened by Derek Redmond (GB 400m Olympian and 4x4 Gold Medalist) and quickly established itself at the heart of the local Running community.
The stores first Manager was Andrew Symmonds who represented Great Britain and came second in the New Zealand Marathon in the early 1990's.
MORE RECENT TIMES
- Shop Extension and Car Park enlargement. In May 2010 work was completed on a new extension, this added 800sq ft+ of shop floor space. We also increased our storage space enabling us to expand our ranges and carry even more stock runners require. This work also helped us increase the capacity of our car-park, allowing for easier and more secure customer parking.
- We focused on our stock. Carrying more and more new products keeping us ahead of our competition. We were one of the first running stores in the UK to stock the now hugely popular Barefoot shoes, including Vibram FiveFingers and VivoBarefoot. With the benefits of Compression wear scientifically proven we started stocking Skins, since then we have established ourselves as their largest independent account in the UK.
- Upgraded our Shop frontage. This much needed modernisation has really helped 'open out' our shop front, helping to show off our impressive 2500sq ft+ shop floor space.
- We upgraded our website. Our new website not only gives our customers the chance to buy online but gives us a platform to communicate our passion and love for all things Running.
- Upgraded our instore Video Analysis. New High-Definition Camera and Picture puts us ahead of our competition and ensures we get the best possible 'stills' so we can offer the best possible advice.
- New Triathlon and Cycle Service Centre. This seemed a logical expansion for us due to the ever growing popularity of the sport and the Teams enthusiasm for Cycling and Triathlon. So in March 2013 we opened up our new Triathlon Section selling Bikes, Wetsuits and all things Tri. Our Cycle Service centre is here to attend to all your Cycling needs from repair, servicing and general bike maintenance.
MEET THE TEAM
Dave H Jones
Founder and Company Co-Director boasts an impressive wealth of Retail and Running experience. Dave has completed an incredible 114 Marathons over 25 years, including Athens, Paris, New York and the London Marathon a mere 18 times.
David J Jones
Company Co-Director has 26 years of Running Retail experience. David is a member of Black Pear Joggers and has taken part in the prestigious 'Hood to Coast' relay and completed 5 Half Marathons. His running is going from strength to strength and hopes to complete his first marathon in 2013.
Our appointed 'Bike Expert', Paul has a huge knowledge of both bikes and running shoes. A former Jnr GB 400m Hurdlist (Former All-Comers Record Holder) and keen TriathletePaul is always keen to help.
Honorary Life-long member of Royal Sutton Athletic Club, his running career spans 34 years. Petes competitive streak has helped him achieve a collection of impressive times and achievements (National Title, M50 5000m Winner 2004) over 4 decades.